Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pajamas, Puzzles and Papa Murphy's Pizza


View Larger Map

This is where the day started, and this is where it ended.

I did not get out of my pajamas today. It was a conscious decision and I don't regret it a single bit. After getting in so late, it was nice not to feel the pressure of going anywhere or doing anything. It ended up being a day of games. Pam had given me a neat puzzle of a folk painting of Logan. Now I am not a puzzle person, but it was pretty hard not to get sucked in by all those little pieces looking to belong (Lucy wants the world to know that she was largely responsible for the pumpkin patch in the southeast corner of the puzzle).

After the puzzle, there was pizza and American Idol. It was the Lennon/McCartney songbook night which I thought was a good thing, but most of these kids were too young to know what they were thinking about, and never have I thought that "Hey Jude" has been missing bagpipes.

After the kids were sent off to bed at something approximating a bed time, we stayed up visiting with Pam and Steve and Becca. They all seem to be doing very well and once we found the rhythm of the conversation it was hard to resist the momentum.

No comments: