Friday, August 29, 2008

What do I watch when I don't have to accommodate someone else's taste?

What's the matter with me? 

After I put the kids to bed, I can watch whatever I want. I don't have to run anything by my wife. If I want to see it, then I insert it into the DVD player and press play. That's all there is to it. It's really the perfect time to get reacquainted with Live Free or Die Hard guilt free. I mean that's what alone time is all about. So, what do I watch by myself when she's away?


A story about a father who finds out that his wife has died in combat. He's so overcome with grief that he can't bear to tell his daughters what's happened, and so he chooses to take a vacation from responsibility and take a his kids to some Disneyland wannabe.  Let me tell you, it's not exactly the best movie to watch away from your wife having to fend for yourself and your children.

So, the question is, how do I follow this up?


I follow it up with the story of two people hopelessly in love, separated by an in-traversable gulf in time (much like the three hour time difference that separates me from my soul mate).  The thing with the Lake House is that I've seen it before, so I knew what I was in for, but I watched it anyway.

This is how I choose to torture myself while waiting for my love to call me. There has got to be an easier way.

No comments: