Friday, August 29, 2008

Day three and counting, and counting, and counting...



We're doing fine. Couldn't be better. In fact I could come up with a whole host of adjectives to describe our current state of momlessness: peachy, hunky dory, great, alright, perfectly adequate, marginally sane. That's right, we're all subsisting at acceptable levels. Nothing to worry about here. However, for some reason I got a call from the Relief Society President asking me how I was doing. Did I need any food, any help with the kids. 

Why would she think that?

"No, I told her. We're just fine. Compassionately serve someone who actually needs it," I said.

I though she believed me until she showed up with a tin of Lasagna. How's my wife going to know that I can actually take care of my family on my own if all these people keep  foisting their help on me. It's not that I don't appreciate it what people are doing, but I just know my wife's going to come back and say, "You really don't know what it's like." 

And the the truth is, she'll be right.

1 comment:

Julietta said...

Hey Guys! I was reading this with my siblings and we were laughing our heads off!
Love Julie/mom